Disclaimer: I have previously received PR products (free review copies) from Penguin. Girl, Woman, Other (pictured in header) is a Penguin book.
Welcome to yet another Sunshine Blogger Award! This is my 5th time being nominated for this award, so I’m super excited! I was nominated by the lovely Mònica @ NightingFae. You can find her post here, please go and check out her blog!
What is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- What’s the origin of your blog name?
My blog name is just my name followed by ‘writes’ because I didn’t want to pigeonhole myself with a blog name specific to a niche! I wanted to be able to post a variety of content, and at one point I wanted to post short stories as well.
- When and why did you decide to become a blogger?
I actually first started my blog in around 2014 because my best friend had one, but it never stuck for me. After my first year of university finished I wrote a few posts to keep me busy, but it wasn’t until lockdown that it took off. Lockdown meant I had the time to dedicate to it, and it was also a time where a lot of people were out there looking to connect with others so it was perfect conditions for starting a blog and making other blogger friends.
- What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year?
Well, I don’t want to give away the end of my 2020 Countdown…
- Who are your top 3 favourite authors?
Virginia Woolf, Jane Austen and Alice Walker. It’s hard to pick, though!
- Which character do you hate/dislike the most, and why?
Tricky question. There aren’t many that I hate! I quite enjoy reading unlikeable characters, so I only tend to hate/dislike characters that are badly written, and then I shift my displeasure onto the book as a whole rather than the characters themselves.
- If you could meet one character, which one would it be, and why?
Lizzie Bennet because I’d love to talk to her about books and Mr. Darcy and 18th century life!
- Do you prefer second-hand or new books?
I’m not fussed! I like that secondhand books can be so cheap, but I often can’t find the books I’m after secondhand, and I like to support independent bookstores, so most of my books are new. I’m definitely not opposed to secondhand copies though!
- Which is your favourite book-to-movie/TV series adaptation?
I think Emma (2020) is a really good adaptation of the book — it’s one of the most faithful adaptations I’ve seen. As for my favourite, though, I think it has to be Carol (2015).
- Do you have more than one copy of a book? If yes, which one?
A couple! I accidentally ended up with three copies of (I have previously received PR products from Penguin, who have published Girl, Woman, Other and Ulysses.) Girl, Woman, Other (I’m selling my spares!), and there’s a couple of other books I’ve mistakenly repurchased. I deliberately have multiple copies of Ulysses and 10:04 because I have the standard editions and some special ones.
- Do you create playlists for your favourite books? Share them if you do!
I don’t, sorry.
- If you could live in a fictional world for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
I don’t really read fiction set in worlds other than our own, so this is a tricky one. I would like to try living in the kind of dark high society that Daphne du Maurier and Emily Bronte invoke, though.
- Will you be setting New Year’s Resolutions for 2021? If you are, what might you include?
- What do you most look forward to about Christmas?
- Do you have any goals for your blog in the new year?
- What is a decision you made this year that you’re really glad you did?
- What was your favourite book and/or movie/TV show that you read/watched in 2020?
- If you could gift everyone in the world one item for Christmas, what would you have everyone receive? (As in, every person in the world gets this same item).
- Be proud! Share with us an achievement you made this year, no matter how big or small!
- If you could travel anywhere in the world in 2021 (money being no object), where would you go and what would you do?
- Who are three of your favourite bloggers you discovered in 2020?
- Is there a niche you’d like to expand your blog to? (Either realistically or in an ideal world.)
- What would your top tips be to someone who was about to start a blog?
Danni @ ForBooksSake
Beth @ ReadByBeth
Lauren @ LaurenHollie
Vicky @ WhatVickyRead
Mere @ LoreOfTheBooks
Bronwen @ BabblesNBooks
Poorwa @ AtlasWebDesigns
Pavithra @ IntrovertBags
Hastha @ HookedOnBookz
Lauren @ LaurenBodiford123